This program encourages families to read 1,000 books with their children before they enter kindergarten and has decided to team up with Braille Babies!
This program is designed for all ages to encourage life-long reading habits.Once you've earned enough points you'll receive a completion certificate you can print and share!
The Iowa Library for Blind and Print Disabled's Great Reading Challenge kicks off on January 15, 2022! Read 12 books in 12 different categories by July 15, 2022 and you will finish the Great Reading Challenge!
The Rules and Goals of the Great Reading Challenge 2022:
1. This reading challenge is open to adults 18+
2. Please sign up at READsquared Reading Program
3. Complete the missions to track your reading
4. Read. A lot. Read books in lots of different categories. You can read audio books, large print and braille books, read middle grade and young adult titles too. Just make sure they are appropriately long, 100+ pages or around 4-5 hours longs. Use your best judgement.
5. You set your own goals for the Great Reading Challenge and track your own books.
6. Once you are enrolled, check out the Missions page for the different categories.
7. The last day of the Great Reading Challenge is July 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about the GRC:
1. Do I have to read a book from every category on the Mission page? You can do that if you wish, but you definitely don't have to. You can set your own reading goals and can certainly do more than 12 missions if you wish.
2. How many books do I have to read to win the Great Reading Challenge? The GRC is a personal goal oriented reading challenge, but to put a number on it - you should read at least 12 books by the end of the challenge (July 15, 2022) to finish or "win" the GRC.
3. What reading formats are eligible? All formats all eligible in this challenge! We encourage you to read in whatever format you prefer.
4. Do the books have to be fiction/nonfiction? Most books can be either/or. Many of the categories are specific and obviously one or the other. But some categories can be whatever book you find that fits.
If you have any questions, please contact Leslie Heinzler at 515-452-1329 or email@example.com
© Copyright 2013 - 2021 - READsquared